Tuesday, October 21, 2008

reflecting




Here I am on a rainy day using up the last of my time off. It feels good to be back from two very long but soul searching and fulfilling workshops. France and Seattle....two of my favorite places to be. I love the city.. I just bring it all home with me and let it resonate. As an artist, I think one of the most important things that I do is to give myself time off to let it all soak in and my experiences become who I am and what I am about. My new work will be my interpretation of these experiences.

My two large pieces, The Ballerina and The Fat Lady, were recently purchased by collectors. I am refurbishing them from a year of being on the road and building an iron floor stand for each to sit in. Ah, it is sad to see them go BUT I know this will get me moving to build the circus series. I am starting with the tight rope walker and the trapeze artist. I decided to make this series larger in size since I can put more jewelry upon them.

No comments: